Friday, September 16, 2011

A Few New Makeup Buys!

I went into this resale shop looking for a birthday gift for my boyfriend's little cousins and I somehow managed to wander toward the makeup section and I found this Stila Palette for only $5.99. My initial instinct was just to grab it and run away. I love it, it has some really pretty shimmery colors. The colors are (left to right), sugar/light/peaceful/bronze/dawn/precious/demure/delicate/sangria/truffle. My two favorites have got to be Dawn and Sangria. Sugar is your basic white eyeshadow with lots of shimmer. Light is a very light almost pink brown with again, lots of shimmer. Peaceful is a pretty lilac/pink color. Bronze is obviously a bronze color but it has more of a peachy shimmer to it. Dawn is a peach color with a more golden shimmer. Precious is like peaceful but its more pink than lilac. Demure is more of a true deep brown copper. Delicate is a gold color with hold shimmer. Sangria is a red wine color and Truffle is a dark brown with a tiny bit of copper shimmer. Truffle is the least shimmery of them all. I love all of these colors, they're all very pigmented and super soft. My only problem is that since they are so shimmery they have a TON of fallout while applying. I find it better to pack on the shadow instead of sweeping it on. You definitely need a primer with this to get the full intensity of these shadows.


I bought two lipsticks off of an Avon catalog. Firstly I would like to say that I love Avon lipsticks, theyre so smooth and creamy and with a very nice pigmentation. I love these colors, but, I dont like the shimmer in them. Ive never been too fond of shimmery lipsticks and yeah. I was kinda upset because the swatch in the catalog showed no sign of shimmer. I got the colors Country Rose which is a very light hot pink with pink shimmers, and Cozt Mauve (I made a mistake in the picture, the color is COZY MAUVE, not MOD MAUVE!!) which is a mauve color with almost like a gold sheen to it. Not too pleased with these. Out of the two of them, I like Country Rose better. I blot them with a tissue paper to reduce the shimmers and I get a nice lipstain from both of these and they are very moisturizing. The lipsticks where kind of a hit and miss for me.


Any products you regret buying recently?

ps. You guys like the way I edited the photos? let me know! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment