Friday, May 18, 2012

Some Cute For Your Friday!

Meet Loki, our new kitten.




While shopping for the finishing touches last Saturday for our mother's Mothers Day present we saw a lady giving away free kittens on the corner of the parking lot of the shopping center we went to. My younger brother and I paid no attention to it and continued on shopping and trying to find everything we needed as it was last minute. We got everything we needed and when we where about to leave we passed by said lady with free kittens again, my brother insisted we at least stopped to look at them, and my curiosity and love for all things small and fluffy over came me so I made a nasty sharp turn and parked near where the lady was standing.

I asked if we could hold one of the kittens as I held the tiny kitten she began to tell us of how she found this litter of kittens abandoned outside her home, and how she took them in, bottle fed, and cared for the poor babies. She then explained that she decided to try and find homes for the kittens her self instead of taking them to the pound where they would surely be put down. Boy did she pull on my heart strings! I was hmmming and ahhhing about the thought of bringing another cat home, but looking at the poor kittens face I couldn't take it and we decided to take him home (without the consent of our parents mind you).

We ended up naming him Loki, kept him a secret for a day and decided to share the news of the additiong to the family until after we gave my mother her gift. Sneaky, sneaky! And to my surprise my parents love him, which is great considering I thought they where going to freak out. He is happy in his new home and gets lots of cuddles and belly rubs. Simon (my older cat) was not too happy at first but he has been a very good boy and has adjusted quiet well to the new baby, I even caught him grooming Loki which made my heart melt! Eeep! I feel all warm and fluffy inside after typing this! Anyways, happy friday and I hope his little face makes your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment