Sunday, March 25, 2012

Regrets, and lessons learned.

So as promised here is a post regarding my red hair, however this is not a happy post. And Ill tell you why, here is the story. So my hair was getting rather orange, too orange for my liking and I desperately wanted to dye it again. I got out of work late yesterday and had no time to go to the Sally's beauty supply store and buy my regular hair dyeing combination.



I usually use L'oreal Excellence HiColor in the brightened red for my roots and then use Manic Panic's Rock
'n' Roll Red for the already lighten portions of my hair. But, by the time I got out of work Sally's was already closed and I really wanted to dye my hair so I opted for the next best thing... walmart... what a mistake.

I was staring blankly at the hair dye section for about thirty minutes and really didnt know which dye to pick.
I ended up going for this one. 

This Garnier dye in the color Light Intense Auburn.
The box claims to be ULTRA INTENSE ON DARK HAIR. But if it didnt even end up "ultra intense" on my already lightened orange hair I doubt it would work for dark hair. 
 As most dyes it came with the color creme and the developer. 
 The developer it came with was a Volume 20 developer and although it would be less harsh on my hair to use it, I always use a 40 volume because I want it to be a super intense red. 
 This is the brand of developer I like the best. 
 I poured the correct amount of my 40 vol developer in a bowl and added the color creme and applied it as usual, concentrating on the root of my hair. 

This was the end result and I hate it. Its actually rather brownish red which is not at all what the box implied since it did say, "ULTRA INTENSE RED". The only reason it looks remotely red in this picture is because my walls are hot pink so they cast a red tint on photos and because the flash was on. In the dark it looks maroon and I hate it so much. But I guess that is what I get for being impatient. I am going to wash my hair repeatedly right now in hopes to fade this a bit and soak it in so much leave in conditioner. I am going to wash my hair everyday for this whole week in hopes that it will fade fast so I can go ahead and use my usual dyeing routine. And then I will do a proper post.

This was mainly a rant, but I am never purchasing this hair color ever again. One pro is that like all garnier dyes it came with the oil thingy which actually leaves you hair super soft after dyeing it. Another bit of beef I have with this is that it leaves A LOT of red residue all over your skin and hair. I put Vaseline along my hair line as per usual and washed out all the color and my hair line still got red and my hands where red the whole time today. Every time I touched my hair I would look at my hands and they would be orange, I wore a light gray shirt today and the collar of said shirt is now red. I hate this dye, I hate this color, dont buy it, its awful.


No comments:

Post a Comment